Monday 23 September 2013

F1 crash

Tweaked my setup again. Switch the rear to gunmetal pistol and changed my footwear to vibram 5 toes wear. Felt like walking on barefoot. This forces me to change my style of pushing. Usuall, I use my heels to push and now I am starting to develop Achilles heel. Have to switch to using the ball of my feet. Pumping and pushing on my vibram wear felt like skating on barefoot but with additional protection.

Wokeup early to skate to bedok army camp for remedial training (every singaporean men have to take a fitness test yearly, if fail, you are sent for 20 sessions of RT) well, I skip IPPT fitness test so I have to attend 20 sessions of RT. At least I got excuse to skate.

On the way, I skated past a 69 year old man who was cruising on a sector 9. Stopped to have a chat with him. Uncle des just started longboarding 4 months ago, he used to cycle but he find longboard way cooler and great way to workout. Wonder when I am his age, will I still be able to do this? Salute him

Later in the day, joshua asked me out for cycle skate. We tried a new route to east coast park. At beginning of bedok park connector, there is a wicked slope which I fell last time. It look harmless and I bombed steeper and longer hills before. But that is the thing. At the end of slope, it is a tight turn, or it will be straight crash into canal.

I skated down the slope, bottom of it, 2 cyclists appeared. To avoid them, I forget my swerve, so crash straight and smash my right body into metal rails. Thank god, I got a helmet, the consequence will be dire. End up with bloody leg and numb right arm.
Always wear helmet no matter what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment